Thursday, January 04, 2018

PROVE GOD EXISTS

You ask,
‘Prove God exists’.

I ask,
where is the home of love,
the storehouse of beauty
or the source of music?

Tell me
where I can find the spring of joy
or the heart of wonder?

Show me 
where compassion can be found,
or where mercy and pity live.

God is the air I breathe,
the earth I touch,
the seas in which I swim.

God is the ocean of life
in whom we live and move and have our being,
whose offspring I am and without whom I cannot exist;
the One who is and was and ever shall be.

God is all that is most noble
seeking the nobility in me.
All that you and I can be
as we say our “yes” to that call.

What need I prove

– only that I am not deaf to that call.

John-Francis Friendship
January 4th, 2018

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a powerful meditation, Fr. John-Francis. May I share it?

John-Francis Friendship said...

Laurence - thanks for your comment. Of course you may.